A new unique Apprenticeship is coming very soon!
Details on the Astrologer in Business will be up soon. Because this is a new apprenticeship I am looking for a few people to test it. This will be given at a considerable discount. The only thing I ask is honest feedback from you. If you are interested in this online tailor-made program contact Faye to obtain full details.
How to work with vocation and career questions
This page describes a professional apprenticeship program for astrologers, run by Faye Blake-Cossar. It is a true apprenticeship – one-to-one tailor-made training – no classes – with personal feedback.
If you are looking for career guidance please contact Faye or see her site Tea and Sympathy which details her private practice services.
Faye Blake-Cossar has run online training at Kepler College together with Judith Holloway. This has had very good reviews. This online apprenticeship program is an extension of that and is a powerful one-to-one apprenticeship based on Faye’s book ‘Using Astrology to Create a Vocational Profile’ – see below.
Reviews from Kepler:
“There is something very powerful about learning from someone who has done the walk, done the talk, studied and thought about it all and found a new way of implementing the tried and true. Faye Cossar’s methods are simple enough to remember for a lifetime yet practical and provoking enough to make impact and have true vocational value for both you and your client. Being taught by the author of this very practical and clever approach to vocational analysis was a real treat. I loved the visceral learning component of this course brought forth by dialogue with Faye and Judith and the great set of peers about the huge set of experience brought forth by Faye, Judith’s traditional and analytical approach and the personal experience of the students. I found this ‘hand’s on’ approach to learning ways to discern vocational strengths, blocks and preferences from a chart extremely useful. The worst part about this course for me was that it had to come to an end.” Corinna Hurst, Seattle WA, USA
“I cannot over-recommend E550. Faye and Judith gifted us their technique, enthusiasm, and responsiveness at every turn while sincerely empowering us to discover our own methodologies and uses for the material. In my experience, Astrology instructors are prone to reiteration and either inflexibility or lack of focus. This course did not suffer from these. I am an advocate, both for the sound insight into the field Vocational Astrology and the hands-on approach to chart reading, but foremost, for the thoughtfulness and dedication I felt for our learning.” Shelley Stearns, Portland, Oregon, U.S. A.
The apprenticeship can be followed in either English or Dutch. Contact Faye if you are interested in this or in her book on this topic.
Practical Vocational Profiling Training Information
Achieve the results of a career counsellor and expand your own prospects as an astrologer.
This one-to-one apprenticeship training will help you gain insights into the steps and techniques that a career counsellor uses in order to create a vocational profile. It is structured to provide you with a new range of services to enable longer-term and deeper work with clients.You will learn how to use the birth chart to achieve this.
Who is this training course for?
This program is designed for any astrologer, who has:
- a good basic grounding in astrology
- an interest in addressing career/vocation issues with clients
- an interest in gaining astrological and counselling insights in this area.
What you will be able to offer after the apprenticeship
Helping with clients real questions such as:
- What am I good at?
- I need to feel passionate about my work but what is my passion?
- Now there’s lots of uncertainty, I feel at a crossroads. What are my choices?
- I still doubt my ability. Should I change course?
- I keep coming across the same stumbling blocks. What can I do about that?
Clients often consult astrologers when they’re at a crossroads in their jobs. Perhaps they’ve been dissatisfied with work, or they’ve been fired, made redundant or feel that it’s too late to start afresh. With this course, by using vocational profiling and key parts of the horoscope, you’ll learn how to help clients discover the types of work that suit them, and uncover and define their blocks to achieving their goals. During this training, you’ll also pinpoint your own style, strengths and talents.
What you will learn
You’ll work with various professional career counselling exercises and learn to use the horoscope to:
- Spot profession, life mission, motivations and realistic aims
- Identify talents, personal styles, image, goals, norms and values
- Address the ideal working environment and colleagues/bosses
- Build a C.V. and career profile
- Obtain ideas for websites and other promotional items
- Take your knowledge further with clients
At the end of this course or apprenticeship you will have gained…
* Insight into vocational profiling
* Ways to use astrology for career guidance for yourself and your clients
* Support and guidance
* Information for profiling your business
* Assignments to use with clients and advice about your own practice.
You will need:
…to have a basic knowledge of astrology and some experience reading charts.
… to find your own client to work with for the duration of the course and obtain permission to use their details in the work.
… to obtain a copy of “Vocational Astrology: Finding the Right Career Direction” by Faye Blake (from Faye or Amazon and many other book suppliers.)
… to commit to working with a client and doing the homework, as this apprenticeship is not only about learning by listening but learning by doing.
You will need to have the ability to phone or Skype. (Of course Skype is easier if you want to show something.) A recording device for the sessions with clients will save you a lot of work and time and is therefore strongly advised. Recommendations can be given if necessary.
So how does it work?
- You will be assessed to see if your background knowledge is adequate to be able to work responsibly with clients. This will consist of a Skype or telephone interview with Faye. You will be sent a list of questions before the call. This assessment is free.
- You need to provide a bio of yourself. The requirements for this will be sent before the start of the training.
- If you get accepted as an apprentice, you will need to find a ‘guinea-pig’ client and obtain an agreement from them to be part of your apprenticeship, including the number of sessions they will do and the homework they need to do. They will need to sign a release form.
- When full payment is received, the Skype or phone sessions for the apprenticeship will be scheduled. There are 10 private teaching sessions of around an hour, covering topics in Faye’s book on Vocational Profiling.
- The appropriate chapters must be read before the scheduled meetings.
- You will have homework after each session. This will be assessed before the next session.
- Apart from the 10 teaching sessions, you can ask questions by email at any time.
- The apprenticeship also includes 5 Skype or phone sessions of up to an hour for any help or feedback that is required. The last session will be a summary and feedback session. More sessions can be scheduled if necessary and will be charged separately.
You can do the sessions at your own pace however all sessions must be completed within a year from the first call.
These costs are for an apprenticeship – one-to-one personal coaching and tuition. There are no shared modules or pre-recorded lessons. The plan is tailor-made and set up and agreed for each individual student.
Personal tuition – 15 sessions of SKYPE and telephone calls.
Answers to all emails.
Assessing of homework and suggestions for trial sessions with ‘guinea-pig’ client.
Any other coaching and support necessary including help for defining and promoting your own work.
The price of this tailor-made training varies per country because of exchange rates but always includes 21% Dutch sales tax. Please contact Faye for more information.
For Europe the price is 2000 Euros if paid up-front.
There are two payment options: Paid in full before the start (2000 Euros in Europe) OR paid in two parts (1100 Euros each time in Europe) one before the start and one after 5 teaching sessions. If paid through paypal or banks not in the Netherlands, US, UK, or New Zealand small bank charges may apply.
A note on the price
This cost reflects the real investment of Faye’s time. Her actual number of hours used is more than double the face-to-face time as it is all tailor-made, and one-to-one, so this cannot be compared to online sessions for several people. You are also getting to share her expertise of career counselling as well as astrology.
You can recoup some of the costs from your course client. It is suggested that you charge your ‘guinea-pig’ client for the sessions. Perhaps half of your normal rate. This helps with your costs but also helps the client value your effort. The client is also getting advice from two astrologers, as Faye will also give suggestions and advice on working with this client. You will also have a way of working longer with your new (or existing) clients and be able to offset that against your investment. As a comparison, a career counselling course often costs over 5000 euros. And other astrology apprenticeships are similar or more but are not tailor-made or individual.
In many countries you can claim back the sales tax too, and of course you can offset the costs against your business.
What do past graduates say about this training?
“After I followed this training, I finally dared to work with clients. This approach offers a very clear structure.”
“Looking back on this training, I realise it formed the basis of my successful career as a vocational supporter.”
“This gave me many new insights into astrology that say so much about the clients and their career potential.”
And one from London:
“If I were to sum up, in one word, what it did for me, I would say it gave me confidence. Doing the course (and having chapters from the book to refer to) gives me a clear structure from which to work. I can give clients a time frame within which we will work. I start by telling clients that they will have to do homework as part of the work we would do together. The biography and CV that they provide at the outset gives me information from which I can generate questions. It has helped me to articulate my thinking and because of its conversational style, makes work with client feel more collaborative. My current client says its given her time to just focus on herself and I can see the way she has blossomed. ” Sharon Bond – London.
The apprenticeship is run by Faye Blake-Cossar, who has designed and run this practical course for some years. She has been a practising astrologer and therapist since 1986, working in private practice www.teaandsympathy.nl
and with businesses. www.juxtaposition.nl.
Faye’s CV can be found at www.fayeblake.nl
Contact and Questions
Contact Faye for details. Or call at 31(0)20-6206244. She is also available on SKYPE if you make an appointment.